Intro to Ashtanga Yoga Workshop
THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL and NO LONGER OPEN FOR REGISTRATION. STAY TUNED FOR A REPEAT ON JANUARY 10, 2015! REGISTRATION FOR THE JANUARY WORKSHOP WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLINE SOON!
Led by Laura Gorham-Huon, assisted by other fantastic teachers at The Shala!
This workshop is designed for the beginner and the seasoned yogi alike. If you are new to Ashtanga Yoga, you will find this workshop will help you gain a deeper understanding of the Ashtanga practice as you begin to explore classes at The Shala. The workshop will include 3 hours of workshop instruction on December 13, as well as unlimited yoga classes at The Shala from December 8, 2014 through December 31, 2014! Workshop instruction will include the following:
- A comfortable, accepting class environment in which to learn about a method of yoga that may not be so familiar to you!
- A review of the history and practice of Ashtanga Yoga
- The yoga sutras and their integration with the Ashtanga Yoga Method
- The eight limbs of yoga
- An overview and brief break-down of the standing and closing sequences of the Ashtanga Yoga series
- Hands on assistance with and modifications of the postures of the standing and closing sequences as needed
This month only, the Intro to Ashtanga Yoga Workshop will be offered for the low price of $55! This includes unlimited classes at The Shala from December 8, 2014 through December 31, 2014. Purchase online now! Class will be limited to 25 students.